QTP 11- New Features
Below are few of the most useful new features in QTP 11:
1. Test GUI and GUI-Less Application in one test. [You need Service Test 11.0 installed on your computer for this]. Link
2. The New HP Run Results Viewer is much improved over the previous one with pie charts and some interesting statistics.
3. Visual Relation Identifiers can now be used to identify objects based on objects near them.
In simple terms, suppose as shown above (assume it like a module with different user profiles) we can add any number of users and of course delete them with the Delete button. When we add first Delete button to the Object Repository, it will be added with some name, type and with ordinal identifier of 0. Now in the OR when you click on "Highlight in Application" button, it will highlight the first Delete button in the module or application. Now if I delete the first Delete button (the whole first record goes away) and again click on "Highlight in Application", instead of giving an error, it will highlight the second Delete button (with name Marcos), which has now become the first button since we deleted the first record. Now this situation will not happen if we use Visual Relation Identifiers. In that case you will ask it to identify the Delete button in relation to the Name (Jim, Marcos or Kales - Name can be WebElement etc.)
4. QuickTest 11.00 provides Web Add-in Extensibility-based add-ins for ASP .NET Ajax, GWT, Yahoo UI, and Dojo Web 2.0 toolkits.
5. New Silverlight Add-in:
6. Record steps on Firefox; identify objects based on XPath, CSS. QuickTest does not support Mozilla Firefox menus or sidebars. Only Back, Forward, Home, Refresh and Stop are supported, all other toolbars and toolbar buttons are not supported.
7. Identify a Web-based object based on an event associated with that object.
9. Automatically Parameterizing Steps so that you can create actions that can be used for a variety of different purposes or scenarios by referencing different sets of data. Link
10. The WPF and Silverlight Add-in Extensibility SDK enables you to develop support for testing third-party and custom WPF and Silverlight controls that are not supported out-of-the-box by the relevant QuickTest add-ins.
11. Extensibility Accelerator for QuickTest Professional provides a Visual Studio like IDE that accelerates and facilitates the design, development and deployment of QuickTest Web add-in extensibility support sets. These support sets extend the web add-ins so that you can test web controls that are not supported out of the box.
12. Syntax hints for regular expressions and Regular Expression Evaluator.
13. LoadFunctionLibrary - Any guesses??? Link